Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My very own pasta.

After posting many post about food, I assume some of you may think that I only know ow to eat but don't know how to cook. Haha. If I'm one of the readers, definitely I will think the same way. The truth is, I kinda like cooking and I always cook secretly at home. My mom dislike males in the kitchen. Typical asian moms. xD

So it was a real boring day home alone studying for my finals, I decided to dig out some ingredients at home to cook myself a pasta. I found these ingredients:

serves 4
- 5 slicesbacon
- 400ml double/heavy cream
- 300-350g shitake mushroom
-350g rigatoni
-diced ham
-dried oregano
-1 garlic clove
-olive oil
-freash rosemary

Firstly, boil the pasta with lightly salt water until tender. Make sure to check often after approx 6 minutes of boiling.

Heat the pan with olive oil and add the mushroom. Cook it under low heat and stir it frequently for approx 5 minutes. Add the garlic into the pan and cook until garlic is golden brown not black.

Add all the cream and fresh rosemary and bring to boil for 1 minute to thicken it. Season with ground black pepper and sea salt and remove from the heat.

Heat a frying pan with olive oil. Fry the diced ham and the chopped bacon together with seasoning (salt and pepper) for 2-3 minutes under medium heat or until the bacon is crispy.

Drain the pasta, sprinkle a generous amount of dried oregano and serve it immediately with the sauce, ham and bacon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tips:
-do not cook the bacon too long or else it wil be too dry
-eat 1 small piece of pasta to make sure its tender instead of just using fingers to test the tenderness.
-change a new garlic if your garlic is black, it taste bitter.
-hit the rosemary with the back of your knife to let it release more flavour before boiling it in the cream sauce

Happy trying. xD

p.s: This recipie is GCK's copyright. Taste may vary from different brands of ingredients.

3 comments:

YANZ said...

wowwwww.... it looks really yummy! i'm gonna save this recipe to try out later... thanks for sharing! =D

Boris said...

oh? garlic is black? do you mean when the garlic is burnt?

ArRahbari said...

Nice one ,great Pasta
earning at home
how to earn money online