Sunday, August 10, 2008

Career night (2007)

Career night was definitely a very special theme for a night dinner. I was expecting something like hawaiian night, masquerade night or pyjamas night.

I was having a real tough time choosing my own career for the night. I asked my hair stylist, karyn, jia shen, my classmates, my parents and myself. Fyi, I'm very picky when comes to choosing something for myself. That's me. xD.

As I was cutting my hair in A Cut Above, monica suggested the DJ career. Actually it's not a bad idea after all. So I decided to be a DJ because I already had all the props ready to be a DJ. All I need is:

1) studio headphones
2) semi formal dinner outfit
3) DJ's attitude
4) DJ's personality

Ok, may be 3rd and 4th is a bit exaggerating. xD

half detective half cowgirl and DJ


future professionals in the bus

here we are in kota permai golf and country club

On that night, everyone had their own career which was really fascinating and interesting. There are careers like hawkers, fairy, cheerleaders, CEO, waiter, inspector, gypsy and even captain jack sparrow. Cool right. Wait till I show you jack sparrow.

smk 12 buddies in career night

During the night, we had a BBQ buffet. All of you will think it's gonna be a good dinner. But somehow some of the BBQ food was burnt. How sad was that. But the atmosphere brings everyone together. All we do is kept on talking and eating at the same time. We were graduating, we won't be seeing each other for a long time.

The emcees for the night was jake and some girl I don't remember. The girl was an elegant lady but jake was a begger. Imagine a married couple had this pair of career's. It would be end of the world.

the emcees for the night





it all went into my stomach.xD

Sean has this resemblance of captain jack sparrow. He can speak like him, walk like him, get drunk like him. He really is the best candidate for the look alike captain jack sparrow. So he decided to be him. When I was heading for desserts, karyn and ke hui suddenly disappeared along with sean. Guess where they went??






Look how good ke hui and karyn were. May be they can enroll in the make up school. And these are the results: (aren't they talented?)

there you go, captain jack sparrow

This dinner isn't just about eating and chatting. As a tradition of ace's events, many activities were planned well by each class such as dancing, acting, scavenger hunt, crossword career puzzles. Those activities sure make us laugh our ass off. I wish I had recorded the some of the acting and dancing.


career version of sudoku

some acting that I organised

spot me dancing in front

Some games did not interest me and my friends. So we had our own private photo session.

ke hui the gypsy girl

karyn the private detective

mangled military

monday night buddies

gypsy girl, jack sparrow and detective



I was not trying to cover my balls

The dinner ended pass midnight. Everyone was really exhausted and burnt out by those laughter and madness. Us as a monday night buddies ( most famous for the noisiest class) are still so hype up after the dinner.

We made all kinds of silly jokes in the bus and commented about those people back in the dinner. Our comments are pretty well acceptable just that some are really painful. xD

us on our way back to ace headquaters

Me, karyn, ke hui, sing and jia shen decided to have another round of coffee and so we headed to taipan to have a drink. Too bad all the shops are closed when we arrived there. 7 eleven saved our lives. We had belgium chocolate and viennese coffee. The moment was appreciated.

the very last picture of the night

After I handed all the parents beloved child back home. It was already 1.30am. I had a quick bath and collapsed on my bed. What a memorable night. Thank Ace!

p.s: this dinner took place a year ago. So all the pictures' appearance are not up to date. They might vary from the latest actual appearance.

No comments: